Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrace bay's Street Car Challenge June 13-15

Junior Member test BlackSunshine's Avatar

Re: Terrace bay's Street Car Challenge June 13-15

I'm going, gonna try out the new nitrous kit!!!

I would, have to support the auto scene in Northwestern Ontario regardless if it fits your needs exactly... unfortunately out of town working.

Hope it turns out good!
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

Not going - no track prep (because they think all street cars are slow), not into bracket racing, not fair when a stock mini van can take the win....
    10 Land Rover LR4 HSE
    97 Supra 863whp 756wtq - 10.22 @ 142.9mph
    90 Castrol Celica Alltrac 600awhp 571awtq (track car)
    92 Toyota Pickup Lexus V8 supercharged 400hp? TBA

Senior Member test

Make an event for the people that have slaved over there cars for years and have spent 50+ thousand dollars.

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

I hope this event doesn't kill the thought of racing in June at terrace bay. My 2c is that it's going to have a tough time drawing from a much smaller group of supporters
    Last edited by Curtis_conway; 05-29-2014 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spin-z View Post
    Have an event for the people who actually like the sport. Stop catering to the people who don't give a shit. Street car. Street tires. Fastest car wins that's it that's all.
    This makes the most sense. I'd love to come out and mess around on the track - my car is stock and slow, but I've never drag raced before and I think it would be a cool first time thing without all the stress of dragfest, but I'm not going to assault my sole means of transportation at this point in time, can't afford the breakages. It is a VW after all..

There are WAY more people that are actually die hard going fast, I'm not one of them - and this event isn't catered to me or people like me with stock cars, it's for people who actually care about going fast. The event sounds like it is making it difficult/unsafe/illogical for the people who this event would really cater to, to enjoy and participate in.

Did you read the rules for this Kevin? It's tailored to exactly your type, it's a bracket style event for plated vehicles. Most of the people that I know don't give two shits about consistency they only car about going as fast as their car/truck can go. Basically what this event is doing it taking the super street and slower classes from dragfest and making a separate event for them. I was hoping by doing this that they would either cap or eliminate those two classes from dragfest all together to try and speed up the programme and get more run in for the people that spent money on their cars.

The Frozen North
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    Did you read the rules for this Kevin? It's tailored to exactly your type, it's a bracket style event for plated vehicles. Most of the people that I know don't give two shits about consistency they only car about going as fast as their car/truck can go. Basically what this event is doing it taking the super street and slower classes from dragfest and making a separate event for them. I was hoping by doing this that they would either cap or eliminate those two classes from dragfest all together to try and speed up the programme and get more run in for the people that spent money on their cars.

The Frozen North
    To speed up the events, it should be one car per class PERIOD. So many people double-dipping with a different driver.

That's not as bad as having 50+ 20sec cars or cars that aren't properly prepped breaking and putting oil down on the track.

The Frozen North
    FUNCTION >FORM

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

Senior Member test

not going, cars not a street car. will be in the states with everyone else that drag races

the idea is neat but they should still prep the track, I understand they don't have to spend money if they don't prep.,
    also think its stupid to put on an event like this on and cut out all the other racers, non street, bikes , sleds

have a test and tune with a street car shoot out at same time,
    make 4 lines , 2 for testing 2 for street car race then take turns, or shut down the testing when the street car race is on,

we don't have enough people in the area to start weeding out classes. you want an event to work out invite everyone you can

they might as well start index racing at terrace bay so 4 people show up

just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    Did you read the rules for this Kevin? It's tailored to exactly your type
    My type is a bone stock daily driver that just gets me point a to point b. If I had a bigger turbo, upgraded clutch, nozzles, tune, r axles and a limited slip and tires I'd say sure, that's the kinda car that should be showing up to an event like this.. Something that's not 100% stock but not wild race car either. My Integra would have been a great car for this event if I did the b20vtec and gsr trans build as planned but for a completely stock car, especially one that isn't a "special" stock car like an STi or Evo or even milder cars like a Civic Si, the event doesn't make sense for me.

Mild bolt ons to medium upgrades is what should be in the cars showing up to this event imo.

That's exactly what it's geared towards, kid with moms minivan or dads truck. It's not about how fast you are it's about consistency so having a slow car is usually better. They're trying to get people started in racing and I commend that but it originally was a fastest street car event.

The Frozen North
    FUNCTION >FORM

That's what I thought this was, a fastest street car event. I guess I should've read the rules after it was finalized...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12