Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: BuTSeX 310 (no vowels)

Re: Project: BuTSeX 310 (no vowels)

Enjoying all the subtle mods and tackling it all yourself for extra points! Great thread so far.

Senior Member test

Quote Originally Posted by RAGE View Post
    i like the light bulbs they look good, and good job on tiniting the lights, one question though? why does it look like the guy in the picture is rapeing the dog lol...

Yeah that guy is such am idiot. He's probably just high on brake clean or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutched? View Post
    He's probably just high on brake clean

My 230,000km service is up soon which is oil change, transmission flush, and air filter. So now would be the time to throw on a shortram for more warm air intake to get those em pea gee's up.

The car has been fine until now, because, well, Honda is fucking me, its $260 for an oil change at Acura, not including the transmission flush or air filter. This thing is more expensive to service then the Mercedes.

I looked online and Honda released a service update for all 5w-20(7,500km) engines 2003 and newer are now to use 0w-20(10,000km).
    Automatic Transmission Fluid DW-1(60,000km) is now to be changed with Z1(10,000km)

The transmission uses 9 quarts so the tranny fluid flush is nicknamed a 3x1 or 3x3. 3x1 meaning 3 quarts was drained out and refilled 1 time, or 3x3 meaning 3 quarts drained and filled three times (3x3 is a full flush).

The 3x3 is a transmission flush, the 3x1 is the service scheduled by Honda. I'm doing a 3x3.

So according to Honda, rather then using DW-1 and doing a 3x1 every 60,000km, they want you to use Z1 and do a 3x1 every 10,000km when you change the oil.

I'm not playing that game, so after many reviews and threads, I'm buying Redline D4 Semi-Racing Full Synthetic ATF. I was looking at the Type F fluid but internet says it doesn't winter very well so I'm sticking with a semi-racing fluid so it can still be a daily in the winter if I don't get the Jetta running.

I'm also going to change the 3rd and 4th gear pressure sensor switches and seals, replace the transmission filter and gasket.

I'm using Eneos Sustina 0w-20 Full Synthetic along with the Royal Purple oil filter for an S2000, its larger and there's even an oversized filter for the S2000 too, its suppose to be a 15,000km oil change with the S2000 oversized filter.

Lastly, I'm getting an eBay shortram intake and I'm going to throw on an AEM filter for it then call it a day. All of this should get me around 30+ MPG daily driving so fingers crossed for 30's when all the parts come in.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 07-23-2014 at 09:13 PM.

I'm also replacing the drain bolts with new magnetic ones and SeaFoaming the car before I change the oil so I'm hoping its going to run a lot better, not that it runs like crap now, its flawless other then first start it has rough shifts but after about 5 minutes of idling it's fine.

I might buy two rad mounted oil coolers if I have enough cash to throw around, one for the oil, one for the transmission fluid.

2004 to 2006, have tranny problems, 2007 and 2008, flawless, only difference is Z1 ATF, 30psi pressure sensor switches for 3rd and 4th gear(instead of 21psi), and they have a transmission fluid cooler. Same transmission though so if I switch to RedLine D4 ATF (better then DW-1 and Z1 plus the life of DW-1 fluid, probably even longer), change those sensors, then transmission fluid cooler, should be more stable then a factory TL-S. But, we'll see about that transmission fluid cooler, the Greddy kit for my car is about $350 and I need two so, not sure if I wanna blow $700 on that right now, might wait till the 290,000km service when I gotta do this again or just find a cheaper alternative.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 07-23-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Senior Member test

And 6 speed swap options?

6 speed swap would be cheaper and easier to buy another TL already with a 6 speed lol.

Senior Member test

Get on it

Senior Member test

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    6 speed swap would be cheaper and easier to buy another TL already with a 6 speed lol.
    Did Ben actually say this...?
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkage View Post
    Did Ben actually say this...?
    No, its a figment of your imagination..

So I got the paint for my brakes today.

Brought the nail polish to AutoHome, asked them to match it and make it a little more blue, its exactly the colour I wanted.

I've seen that colour before..

hmmmm... Wonder where that inspiration came from

Lmao, that's the exact picture I brought in and they said they can't match it to a photo, so I had to find some kind of paint (the nail polish), so they took the nail polish and that picture to determine the colour I wanted. I feel they got it spot on.

look pretty damn close if not bang on

2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    2000 Toyota Tacoma

Stock intake cover. Gross.

Plastic removed, two grommets at the top had to come out before I could remove the intake cover.

Intake cover removed, gross.

Sanded down with 120, primed, then sanded with 320. Emblems sanded with 120 between all coats for a brushed look without any build up.

Painted, two coats.

2 coats of rainbow metal flake, sanded emblems again with 120, then 3 coats of clear.

All back together, I have like 800hp now..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast