Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: BuTSeX 310 (no vowels)

Project: BuTSeX 310 (no vowels)

This is my 2005 Acura TL Base, has the stock untouched 3.2L V6 and a 5 speed slush box for that extra slow that's so deeply desired

It's running H&R Struts and Spring on Ruffino 18x8" Wheels.

*insert hipster as fuck images here*

*dramatic pause for progress photos*
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 06-10-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Re: Project: BuTSeX 310 (no vowels)

Welcome back
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Thank you, thank you, *takes a bow*. It's good to be back, I was being way too productive without this site sucking the life out of me.

Now, on to the progress.. Very very minor progress..

Before polishing headlights.

After polishing headlights.

Windows tinted 20% at Grasshoppers, horrible job, damage to the car, dust and hair under the tint as well as gaps letting light through and marker was used on larger gaps. Taking him to small claims because he refuses to give my money back.

Honda Inspire foglights

Tinted foglights yellow

Cutty cutty

Test fit, almost good.

That hard edge to the fogs wasn't going to fly, so, moar cutty cutty

Melted together, then filled with 3M Plastic Fusor

Sanded down, light filler primer, leveled with 320, matte black, satin clear.

JDM Fogs, done.

Car didn't come with floor mats so, OEM floor mats from Honda
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 06-10-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Post Re: Project: BuTSeX 310 (no vowels)

I bought a box of 100 5x5050 5w LEDs, same ones they sell at Canadian Tire but these have 5x5050 as oppose to Canadian Tires 1x5050 so the ones I got are super bright.

The previous owner had already installed 2x2020 LEDs in the map lights which were really really dim

Here's the upgraded 5x5050 I installed

5x5050 vs 2x2020

Vanity 2825 Halogen

Vanity 5x5050 LED

Puddle 194 Halogen

Puddle 5x5050 LED

Trunk 2825 Halogen

Trunk 5x5050 LED

Rear maps 5x5050 vs 2x2020

Reverse 5x5050

And finally I put my.plate back on with a tinted cover, I hate front plates so much but the really nice $110 ticket I got made me drill some fat ugly holes in the bumper

That's pretty much all I've done, I'm ordering parts for a stereo install, looking at the Honda Pilot 250a "plow truck" alternator along with 0 gauge for the amp and the big three. Maybe the XLR8 downpipe if I can throw some money around before the fall.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 06-10-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Sharp looking ride!

If I were you I would look into cree led's for your reverse light. They produce a more focused and brighter light pattern.

http://tbmotoring.com/threads/355-20...ull=1#post9096
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Yeah, I already have a few ordered because I noticed the ones I installed were crap for reverse.

I'm glad someone else seconds the idea of Cree LEDs for reverse lights, other forums are telling me to convert to HID reverse lights, yuck.

The only difference from the link is I'm getting are cree with reverse LEDs to fill the lens.

Stock photo of the ones I ordered.

They have three Cree LEDs with the projected lens on top like normal cree LEDs but they also have three reverse facing ones that reflect off of the build in reflector for filler so the entire reverse light housing lights up.

If you take a picture of the normal Cree LEDs in a housing with a fast shutter speed you'll only see a small circle, the ones I ordered will be the entire lens illuminated.
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 06-10-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Ya the Cree LEDs are more than enough, especially if you get the 7w ones with the LEDs along the sides. HID for reverse lights would just be a pain.

Edit: Very interesting, I haven't seen that variation of Cree before. I just have the normal ones.
    Last edited by Nabs; 06-10-2014 at 02:09 PM.

I'd run some DRL's for the reverse if you want something stupid bright. Running HID's back there is pretty silly IMO..

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led...l#.U5daT_lSaxU

7w? The bulbs themselves will only go as high as the car will produce which for me is 5w but the bulbs I ordered are good for up to 30w under other applications.

Its like my puddle lights, they're 194 bulbs which run at 3.5w (the bulbs I got are 5x5050 5w T10 socket so they'll work in any T10 socket up to their respected 5w and just down convert according the cars socket output.

So I have 5x5050 T10 socket 5w LEDs in the puddle lights but they're only pulling 3.5w where as my map lights being a 2825 bulb type, i'm using the same 5x5050 T10 socket 5w LEDs but they're running at the cars 2825 4.8w output so they're a fair bit brighter and yet the exact same bulbs.

So unless the reverse use 7w I don't think I would get much out of it unless finding a way to reaise the wattage of the reverse lights without melting wires.

Or I could be wrong about my reverse being 5w, I'm pretty sure they are a max of 5w which is why I bought 5w max LEDs as nothing would require more except I read into Cree LEDs the same day I went to pick up the box I already ordered lol

EDIT:
    I just looked it up and my reverse lights are 18w.. So the bulbs I ordered support well over that.. Those are going to be really bright
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 06-10-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Hey buddy, nice car for sure.

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

What the hell?

Senior Member test

Lol mine was deleted. Wasn't being a dick at all

good job on the car bud, i like this one the best out of all ur cars ive seen, those fog lights you added look factory and great.
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast