Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Autoslalom 2012

Re: Autoslalom 2012

ahhh you'll kill it Nab's..your cars awsome at autox..shut up lol

Which one? I'm actually thinking about bringing the VW this time if the weather sucks. E46/E9x M3's aren't the greatest for autox because of the longer wheelbase and their habit to overeat and gain 300lb per generation (don't tell it I said that)
    They are more suited for road courses. Your car is more awesome at autox

That wasn't my original point though. I just meant that if it's cold the tires will not grip very well if at all. I had them hop on me a little while ago on a cold night will giving it some gas 1st gear, scared the shit out of me.

If the weather is good on Sunday can I just pay at the event to renew my membership or do I have to do it before?
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

If your membership is expired, I believe it would have to be done at 10 am on race day (a day or two in advance is preferred though) so we can get you on the insurance. However, it would only be valid for the 2012 season and does not carry over to the 2013 season.

SIDE NOTE:

I'm hoping to make a video of this autoslam event, with the GoPro.

I was wondering if everyone participating would be cool with me sticking the GoPro for 2 of their runs on their car.
    I want a video to kind of show case what we do..and the auditorium track is the perfect set up, to show case the idea and concept to other possible venues down the road.
    Also hoping to get outside run recordings of everyone's run, so it can have a side-by-side effect for a better 'feeling' of what autoslam brings to the table.
    I have someone willing to be near the box to remove and sucken cup the GoPro to everyones vehicles as they go..so no waiting/messing around.

Please let me know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by duvanator View Post
    just checked weather network calling for snow on sunday. you said in my thread that we can't run in any weather so when is the decision made? morning of, or after everyones there? just curious, thanks
    The weather has already changed, no snow at all now this weekend.

I thought the memberships expire in September of every year? Wouldn't that mean that if I renewed my membership it would be valid until September 2013?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kattty View Post
    SIDE NOTE:

I'm hoping to make a video of this autoslam event, with the GoPro.

I was wondering if everyone participating would be cool with me sticking the GoPro for 2 of their runs on their car.
    I want a video to kind of show case what we do..and the auditorium track is the perfect set up, to show case the idea and concept to other possible venues down the road.
    Also hoping to get outside run recordings of everyone's run, so it can have a side-by-side effect for a better 'feeling' of what autoslam brings to the table.
    I have someone willing to be near the box to remove and sucken cup the GoPro to everyones vehicles as they go..so no waiting/messing around.

Please let me know, thanks!
    Count me in!
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

Due to autox the Thunder Bay Autosport Club memberships have been modified to expire at the end of October. If you bought a membership this year it will still be valid for the last event.

- - - Updated - - -

Kattty, I'm sure no one will have a problem with you taping their runs but you better get a high capacity SD card ASAP.

I bought mine in April of last year and was told it was supposed to expire in September of this year. I'm slightly confused, is it carried over for the last event or do I seriously have to pay $70 just for one event?

By what Marc said, sounds like people who bought the 1 year memberships last year will be covered for this last autocross event. So ur all good.

I would have been covered as well, but work schedule changed and I will miss the last one

As always, I hope for a good turn out, have fun guys.
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

It is good for all 2012 autoslalom events.

Looks like it's going to be a cold day.

Reminder to everyone that today is the last Autoslalom of 2012! Come race or watch at the Thunder Bay Community Auditorium. Registration for new racers is at 10am with racers starting shortly after noon. See you there.

wher do we sign up? inside?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213