Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooling system

Re: Cooling system

The shop has those tools though ..

wtf kind of question is this and wtf is a cooling system? This is the most vague question on the planet. I cant even chirp you because i cant think of anything more ridiculously vague.

Depends on how u look at it u know cooling system would lead me to be leave coolant as oil lubricates and cold air intake
    Is for the internal engine its self so I'm sorry u can't figure out the difference in what I said. Would u prefer I say rad system? That doesn't sound right to me that makes me think its a RAD problem not something to do with hoses or a thermostat stat. Ty for ur input though. No chirping needed

Yes but when you say "cooling system" that could mean any one of possibly a hundred parts. If you say rad then we would say take it to laine and fairbarn. If you needed a water pump or a thermostat then I'd say Partsource or another parts store. He is right the question was extremely vague.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

But I was looking to do the full coolant system as its an older car so it could of been any of the hundred parts but I think I've narrowed it down to water pump for the record

Just because its an old car doesn't mean you have to throw parts at it, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    My 2002 rav4 still have all its original cooling system, am I going to go buy a rad if the water pump dies? Not unless the rad is soooooo green that it looks like my grass.
    There's preventative maintenance and then there's just throwing parts at something, the latter is just a waste of time and money.
    Last edited by MiniD1CK5; 07-16-2014 at 06:30 PM.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    There's preventative maintenance and then there's just throwing parts at something, the latter is just a waste of time and money.
    Well I would think so, you're likely to end up breaking the parts if you're throwing them...
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

It came from a non matained home

Quote Originally Posted by nuttynude View Post
    Depends on how u look at it u know cooling system would lead me to be leave coolant as oil lubricates and cold air intake
    Is for the internal engine its self so I'm sorry u can't figure out the difference in what I said. Would u prefer I say rad system? That doesn't sound right to me that makes me think its a RAD problem not something to do with hoses or a thermostat stat. Ty for ur input though. No chirping needed
    even this makes no sense.. "would lead me to be leave coolant as oil lubricates??????????? and cold air intake"

you could have at least told us it was for a vehicle lol. you could have been talking about an air conditioning system for a house with that much vagueness lol. people have no problem answering questions, but you have to ask a question. hello i have this year make model of vehicle, these are my symptoms i think it may be this but i could be wrong. what do you guys think...

Fair enough more specifics on what would of been better but at this time I got some leak fix now and its holding nicely but I'm fairly sure its the water pump as there are no real hoses on the back side from what I can see as per diagram

How often do u flush ur rad?

Newer coolant systems don't really need to be flushed unless there is a contamination.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

I flushed my rad every couple months in my Toyota. That may or may not have had to do with a couple motor swaps though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12