Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detailers in town

Question Detailers in town

Is there a person or place that you would recommend to detail your car? I need some serious paint correction done on the M3 and was hoping to find someone that will be able to remove most of the swirls and other junk that is on the car from the previous owner. Thanks.

Re: Detailers in town

There's a guy with a silver rsx that from what I've seen is a total ace at detailing.. hopefully steeldon pops in and let's richard know he's being recommended as I don't have his contact info.

I'n not sure if Hands on Carwash is still running but they used to do a killer cut polish job

Quote Originally Posted by Nabs View Post
    Is there a person or place that you would recommend to detail your car? I need some serious paint correction done on the M3 and was hoping to find someone that will be able to remove most of the swirls and other junk that is on the car from the previous owner. Thanks.
    You would be a brave man to leave your car in the hands of any shop in town without knowing someone who works there so the job gets done right.

Take it to central lol

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    There's a guy with a silver rsx that from what I've seen is a total ace at detailing.. hopefully steeldon pops in and let's richard know he's being recommended as I don't have his contact info.
    I'll give you his contact info but as far as recommending, that I cannot do. Anyways here's his info: http://www.richautomotivedetailing.com/

Thanks for the info Steeldon, it's probably better to call him instead of leaving a note on his car.

Edit: Just curious, what do you mean you cannot recommend?
    Last edited by Nabs; 03-23-2012 at 09:49 PM.

I was saying I would recommend, I photographed his car and that thing was flawlessssssssssssssssss... Takes pride in his detailing for sure, as well as the thread he made on TBAEC showing his steps looked like he was doing a very complete, professional job.

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    I was saying I would recommend, I photographed his car and that thing was flawlessssssssssssssssss... Takes pride in his detailing for sure, as well as the thread he made on TBAEC showing his steps looked like he was doing a very complete, professional job.
    He bought it flawless and just maintains it. I wouldn't recommend him because of his business ethics and the kind of person he is. He's your best buddy to your face and your worst enemy behind your back. He has the same kind of experience as the rest of us. Watch some YouTube videos and buy some products and calls it a business. Anyways enough with my bashing. If its strictly cleaning sure go to him because you don't feel like doing bitch work. If its paint stuff he probably won't touch it and if he does, he'll watch YouTube vids to pump himself up to try something he hasn't before.

K there is a big difference between detailing and cut polishing and or a possible wet sand depending on how damaged the paint is.... Detailing can be very straight forward just time consuming and knowing your products... while cut polish or wet sanding can be very risky and catastrophic if not done properly by someone who has experience.

---------- Post added 03-24-2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

If your paint if swirled or scratched you can detail your car all day long and its not going to remove those imperfections. You have to actually smooth out the clear which means cut polish or even wet sand if they are deep enough.

Yah I'll agree that cut polishing or wet sanding is not for everyone and it's very easy to make irreversible mistakes

I'll be needing a good paint correction to remove plenty of swirls as well on the G35. I do all my own hand washing and headlight restoration, exhaust polishing etc. But my paint is really bad and needs some serious work that I just don't have the experience to do.

So hopefully someone finds someone who can fully remove swirls.

Might just have to bring it into a shop and pay $$$. I know Breeny's did decent work when I worked there.

Not everyone can go watch a video and try it themselfs, if you use the wrong product you can leave swirl marks from the buffer and even worse you can burn the paint. You have to have the proper equipment and products to do a proper job and also you have to take pride in your work too, I seen some people go out and buy some products and do it themselfs and in there eye it looks good, but when the light hits it you'll see all the swirl marks left from the product and the buffer left on the paint.

Yah I've witnessed similar readings and pics

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast