Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ohhh SHIT Volkswagens are illegal in Quebec now.

ohhh SHIT Volkswagens are illegal in Quebec now.

crazy. quebec is the first province to ban volkswagens. i wonder if any others will follow.

http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp/...aaq-2/?lang=en

Re: ohhh SHIT Volkswagens are illegal in Quebec now.

So no more Eurokracy?

It's not specifically for Volkswagen just cars in general that's slammed all the way in the ground. Maybe next time Thunder Bay will ban trucks that are jacked up way too high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That is one quick Prius!"

It isn't going to matter at the end of the day, lets be real.. 90% of the things we do to our cars is illegal, it's not going to stop..

Quote Originally Posted by 20Specv12 View Post
    It's not specifically for Volkswagen just cars in general that's slammed all the way in the ground. Maybe next time Thunder Bay will ban trucks that are jacked up way too high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yea Volkswagen People lol. There all hella flush lol. That's the joke. No one makes them fast or tracks them. Its hella flush or nothing.

We can't all have cars that are designed well enough to go fast and handle well Lindsey.. You don't have to be so mean about it..

Quote Originally Posted by exist View Post
    We can't all have cars that are designed well enough to go fast and handle well Lindsey.. You don't have to be so mean about it..
    ohh my car doesnt handle well lol. i cant even go on an on ramp over 40kmph lol. its awful. im just wondering why everyone chose volkswagen for the stance thing.

Well, I can answer it from my personal stand point..

Honda's have issues with rust and a reputation of being teenagers cars - so they often get beat on. Finding a clean example is challenging. Toyota doesn't have any enjoyable to drive sedans that would be in my price range, Nissan fun cars are in the same category as Honda's - where they are often pretty abused. This isn't the case 100% of the time - but for a vehicle to be what I wanted, VW was the best option. I wanted a lot of wheel choices, a lot of suspension options (not for performance, I'll admit that up front) and max fuel efficiency in a design that I found appealing.

VW is appealing to a lot of people because you can pick up a 2000-2005 Jetta/Golf for a couple grand, put another 2 grand into it - and have a fun car. A few mods to the VR6 make them sound great, and they perform well in stock form - makes for a fun daily.. the 1.8T has crazy support and can be pretty quick, pretty easily - and TDI's have a lot of "go quicker" mods that aren't a break the bank kinda thing - but you kinda have to like diesels..

You also get quite a few cool creature comforts with VW's you don't get with a Civic of the same generation/price range.. Heated seats, squishy soft touch dash, crayon scent etc. They don't "feel" like a Corolla or a Civic - and you often forget you're driving a boring old sedan.. And to make a Civic sedan as fun as a 1.8T Jetta you need quite a bit of work. Doesn't take as much to make a VW more interesting.

The easy answer is, VW's are cheap to lower, look good low, and are usually affordable to purchase and there are a lot out there.. Honda's are more competitive - due to their aftermarket support if you don't do something crazy like a motor swap/build/turbo/crazy suspension stuff that makes your car rip your face off in the corners - you're kinda silly because you have sooooooooo many options and ways to build a crazy Honda, VW's don't have the "race car on the street" backing like Honda does. Low is kinda all we have..

Plus the reputation of reliability is so questionable with a VW you'd be nuts to push the limits like you can with a Honda.

What car companies does VW own...... Bugatti Lamborghini Audi the rabbit gti the golf r and r32........ Not a race car for the street my ass. The reason Euros and mainly VW's are chosen for stance and "hellaflush" (god I want to vomit when I say that) is because that's where this bullshit movement started due to euro laws stating that your tire cant stick out past the fender but your rim can.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

I believe this was suppose to be a funny joke post honestly
    FUNCTION >FORM

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

I remember in the early 2000s, if you had a car that looked "hellaflush" you'd have been laughed back home to your mom's basement.

Somehow, somewhere... it became a thing. It's strange really.

Not to be "that guy" but Hellaflush is a car group in Japan and Hawaii, Souly distinguished around stance imports (hellflush) luxury imports(illest) or drift imports(fatlace).. Then it started going off into like Three.Six.Five with the older MK2 and MK3,VW's over in the UK.

But like mentioned above. The whole stretched tires thing did come from germany as laws did state that the tire TREAD can't exceed the fender so wide body kits ahoy and for those less body work savy folks it meant stretching tires so the tread was still under the fender. Believe it or not, we have the same laws here.

I'm just saying that was called "euro" and this Hellaflush thing is actually a sponcership team in Japan and Hawaii for imports, not euros lol. Its just that "Hellaflush" became to Klee'x, Q-tip, or Band-Aid of the term Stance.

Despite it all, we're all just going to destroy our perfectly good working cars all for internet fame and I highly doubt any laws passed in Quebec are going to matter to most of us, how many of us drove without front plates until the police actually decided to do something about it? Next is going to be lifted trucks with no mudflaps throwing rocks all over our cars or drop in hids blinding everyone. Doesn't matter what keeps happening, they're going to find something to bitch at us for lol.

Pretty soon a law is going to be passed that you're not allowed to have a nice car, gotta make sure rust never gets fixed, aftermarket wheels will become a thing of the passed. Anarchy brah, raw raw, fight the powah! Lol
    Last edited by bANONYMOUS; 07-26-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Ya i dont think this was just about VW's, most places in the states already give out camber tickets anyways. Just Canada following suit, and i don't think cops in thunder bay would be giving out these tickets. also i get alot of positive comments from older people that like vw's loud exhaust and all lol

Did you guys miss my post saying I think some parts of the post were a joke?
    FUNCTION >FORM

This is the bullshit that their trying to stop

Maybe I'm just old but can someone please explain to this old man how this is "cool" in any way?
    FUNCTION >FORM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast