Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H22A4 swap maybe.

H22A4 swap maybe.

Just thought I would ask opions on this swap since someone on here suggest I do it and get it over with,lol. Ive read it seems most issues is with axles. I may have access to a whole car and would think this may make things easier. This swap would be going into a 96 civic cx.auto trans.
    thx for any help.

Re: H22A4 swap maybe.

its a good powerfull swap but makes the car front end heavy so your backend loses traction and kicks out eaiser (from what i hear),
    if the deal is right for the whole car then do it, haveing a whole donor car always makes things easier.
    WhEn LiFe KnOcKs YoU dOwN, cAlMlY gEt Up, SmIlE aNd PoLiTeLy SaY.... "YoU hIt LiKe A bItCh"

front end heavy so your backend loses traction and kicks out eaiser
    That is opposite of what happens when you add weight to the front of a vehicle.
    More weight in the front = tendency to understeer
    More weight in the rear = tendency to oversteer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automob...Center_of_mass
    In steady-state cornering, front-heavy cars tend to understeer and rear-heavy cars to oversteer
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Yes I have read about that, 2 ways to fix. 1 add wieght to rear, I have a decent amp sub box set up back there may help some what. and 2 high progressive springs. I have adjustable coil over sleeves on new struts, may play with the adjusters to help out. I see the mount kits are pretty exspensive aswell. almost 5 hundred. then custom axles too. CHA CHING.

Keep in mind that you may get a complete car cheap, but then you need to budget all your extra parts and maintenance that should happen while engine is out.

yes, this could be a long and expensive process.like i said already looking at a extra grand for mounts and axles....

Lol for real? The weight difference would be minuscule.. Your not putting a small block chevy up there lol.
    H22 with d16 trans by way of an h2d adapter kit and a 4.9 final drive and I bet you would be in the mid 13s. Would make for a fun car
    ---
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 PSD, 315 75 duratracs, Muffler delete, 6637 intake, bilstein 5100s, f-350 x codes front, homemade lift shackles, 4in block rear

Just get an si trans if you go that route
    ---
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 PSD, 315 75 duratracs, Muffler delete, 6637 intake, bilstein 5100s, f-350 x codes front, homemade lift shackles, 4in block rear

Isn't a B swap way cheaper and easier? Find a B integra and go from there if so, the H22 is a nice motor but not for the extra cost. If it was as good as a B swap it would be more popular compared to B series builds.

well apparently the engine is almost 2 hundred pounds heavier,and causes some steering differnces,I didnt know there was a H2D kit? ill have to check on that, may eliminate axle issue? and not having much luck finding a si trans, yet. also way more power with a H than a B, plus its vtec. and highest torque engine I believe. but I am just taking my time and doing my research before I go all in on a final decision. but plz keep the ideas and opinions coming.

Lots of vtec b options and if you were massively concerned about max torque you wouldn't be driving an auto d series Honda you'd have a mustang. Forget the h you're talking yourself out of it already you just need an extra nudge.

Build a b20v if you want torque.

Lots of options for B yes, readily available? not so much.Nope not interested in mustangs, nice cars for sure ,but not my bag.I dont believe looking for info online, checking forums, and asking opinions is considered "talking myself out of it". knowledge is power, and pretty sure patience and research is smarter that just following the crowd. But thx for the insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Antrmo View Post
    I see the mount kits are pretty exspensive aswell. almost 5 hundred. then custom axles too. CHA CHING.
    Is what I was referring to. You're asking for opinions but ignoring a lot of advice time and time again..

If you're thinking a 500$ mount kit is expensive maybe you should just be happy with what you have because it's only going to snowball from there cost wise.
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

I agree^
    And my god how in the hell is a motor that is made from the exact same materials.. .6 liter displacement difference EVER going to weigh 200 pounds more?
    http://m.honda-tech.com/showthread.p...550&styleid=18
    ---

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast