oh shit - Big Sac in Peg City - Page 2
Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oh shit - Big Sac in Peg City

Re: oh shit - Big Sac in Peg City

Ah Ok, Class T is just a better version of Class D anyways, higher frequency switching so it's significantly better sounding on full range audio. Hence why I'd like to use them on my tweeters. I'm running a active setup right now and have a Clarion AB 2channel taking up way too much space for just running two tweeters. Loads of headroom though, it's never once clipped, but high frequencies don't really require much power.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRsuper6
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

You can... hear the radio when you drive? All I hear are tractor noises.

I also hear Thunder Bay to Winnipeg on 1/3 of a 50l tank. :p

(I was assuming to were referencing my super loud diesel noises)
    the inards of the VR is actually filled with babies getting punched in the face repeatedly. this is where the sound comes from, sweet sweet infantile punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by squarebit View Post
    You can... hear the radio when you drive? All I hear are tractor noises.
    That's where the sound deadener comes into play and that little Stetsom amp delivering 80 watts of clean rms power. I can turn the dial until the front speakers are screaming and it stays clear and crisp. With the windows down on the highway I can make out each note.

Stage two would be bi-amping the front end if I decide I want to take it to the next level but for now I'm thoroughly enjoying what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkage View Post
    Ah Ok, Class T is just a better version of Class D anyways, higher frequency switching so it's significantly better sounding on full range audio. Hence why I'd like to use them on my tweeters. I'm running a active setup right now and have a Clarion AB 2channel taking up way too much space for just running two tweeters. Loads of headroom though, it's never once clipped, but high frequencies don't really require much power.
    You've been reading too much interwebz There are so many "classes" that its hilarious now. These amps switch into the mhz range - not sure any human has ever heard past 20khz before I GUARANTEE if you did a side by side test with any "version" of any full range digital amp now, that you'd not hear a difference. Its impossible. I'm more interested in damping factor and PMPO - of which these little fuckers are astounding for the size and dollars.

The only audio classes I've seen are A, AB, B, C, D, (and since I finished school, class T) and B and C aren't suitable for music.

PMPO isn't even a reliable measurement. Set of computer speakers back in the day with a 10watt power supply would somehow have 200PMPO output. My favourite definition of PMPO:
    Multiply the RMS rating by the last three digits of the manufacturers phone number to get PMPO.
    Last edited by dorkage; 08-12-2014 at 07:23 AM.

PMPO is absolutely a reliable measurement - its all in the eyes of the beholder. Have fun with your new system Marco!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12