Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

View Poll Results: Do you prefer dash plaques or a trophies as prizes for Autoslalom events?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dash Plaques

11 61.11%
  • Trophies

7 38.89%

Thread: Dash Plaques or Trophies for Autoslaom

Dash Plaques or Trophies for Autoslaom

This year we tried something new and gave dash plaques for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place at each event.

The benefit of this is keeping costs low - purchasing trophies for two events is roughly the price of dash plaques for the entire season. It also avoids accumulating a bunch of plastic trophies that sit in the garage colletic dust, although this is not the case for everyone.

Trophies will still be given out to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for overall season points in both classes at the end of the year, this will not change.

How do people feel about the dash plaques? Is this something that we want to see continue next year? Or do you prefer having the chance to take home a trophy at each event?

Note: Please cast your vote in the poll only if you've participated in an Autoslalom.

Re: Dash Plaques or Trophies for Autoslaom

i like the idea of plaques for the events and a trophies for the end of the year.

2003-350Z
    2005-Acura EL
    2000-Maxima
    2001-Elantra
    1990-Spirit

Senior Member test Curtis_conway's Avatar

I believe the dash plaques are suppose to be used for appreciation of coming out to race and trophies are pieces that are won. If your doing dash plaques to save money for the club where will you be spending that money? Not to be a huge dick but the club has the money....they ain't broke at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis_conway View Post
    I believe the dash plaques are suppose to be used for appreciation of coming out to race and trophies are pieces that are won. If your doing dash plaques to save money for the club where will you be spending that money? Not to be a huge dick but the club has the money....they ain't broke at all.
    "Administration costs"
    Mark wants that FRS at Wayne Toyota lol

2013 Argento FR-S

Hey I'd be even happy seeing Marc spend the money on something cool... At least it would be productive.

Ok ok mr chair(Marc) this year you guys cut porta potty's and trophies and the autoslalomers haven't seen a pinch of the savings....what are you doing for them? Or is it a cash cow for ice racing?
    Last edited by Curtis_conway; 09-26-2014 at 10:00 AM.

We've had Porta Potties at every single Autoslalom event except one - and only because someone forgot to order it. Trophies aren't being cut, we decided to try dash-plaques for events this year.

I've made a proposal to purchase a brand new digital timing and scoring system. I'd like to see this put to a vote at the next Autosport club general meeting. That was my next announcement but most people have already heard me talking about it. Since I'm on as treasurer this year, I'd like to be the voice of the people. I'm 100% for spending money on summer events ...but this shouldn't be a surprise since we've already talked about this in person.

The point of this thread is to see where people stand so I can make an informed decision.

I fully support just the plaques. I don't need plastic trophies. I would prefer the money be saved to purchase timing and scoring equipment for sure!

I think anytime you ask a competitor if they are there for the trophies they'll all say no and you'll find that they are there just to have fun.

But when your club is honouring the winners don't you feel that the small plaque is a little embarrassing when presented?

It sucks because I know how everything works with the club....the money generated from autoslalom could possibly buy 3 or 4 fancy timing systems by now but the summer stuff gets the short end of the stick...I know Marc your going to try your best!

I'm not going to try my best, I'm going to DO my best.

At the end of the day, the members of the club have the voting power. All I can do is bring the ideas to the table. The summer events may have gotten the short end of the stick in the past since the club has always been about ice racing but with support, I plan on investing some of it back into summer events - that doesn't mean get a bunch of stuff we don't need either though. I think a timing system is a good first step. Sure we could spend $1,500 on trophies but I'd rather wait for next season and potentially get more equipment or if we have to pay a fee to acquire a larger lot. You've been president of the club until now so you know how things work. I've never heard of a new timing system even be talked about until now. Give me some time to work. You and Kathryn are the only ones that have expressed to me a dislike for the dash plaques. So here I am asking what everyone thinks. I could go either way but the poll speaks for itself.

Trophies are not 1500 bucks for the season.qnd there are many others who think the plaques are a joke.

I have to say I am very greatfyl that someone on the board will fight for the summer operation

I would vote trophies all the way. Not that I will be racing this year but I wouldn't put a dash plaque in my car.

My vote is 3 big trophies at the event. (Mostly for pictures at the end) And because everyone likes to hold a big ass trophy. 1 Time buy, then done.

Personally, i could care less if there is anything to physically bring home. I have had enough hockey/sports trophies that were cool for a week and just get tossed after years in a closet.

Spend the money on things to make the actual racing/locations better for everyone. Not just the 6 people that win. Any by the sounds of it there is already enough cash flow to do that.

Everyone loved the parking lot quality at the hospital event. Next year needs more like that!
    ALL THE HONDAS!!!

I'm happy to hear more work going into summer events. Having ice raced in the past, money is the main hold back for me to get back into it. I definitely enjoy the summer slalom because there isn't major cost to do it, and its just fun. I'm all for finding ways to spend money for the whole group benefit, and to run events easier. Not that I think I will ever put enough money into my 'daily driver' to ever 'win' anything, but plaques or trophies don't mean much to me either way. I wont be able to make the wed. eve. club meeting to 'vote', but those are my two cents (and these days, you'd round that to zero anyway!)

There was a vote at last night's Autosport Club meeting and plaques will be staying for next year's events. Trophies will be handed out to overall points winner's at the end of the season. The new timing system is a go however, thanks to everyone that came out.