Have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Forgot your username?

Thread: How to Post Full Size Images Using an Internet Browser

How to Post Full Size Images Using an Internet Browser

For those having difficulty posting full size images using their browser I decided to create a friendly how to guide.

This guide assumes you know how to upload your own images to an online image hosting site, such as Photobucket, Imgur, Google Photos, etc. ***DO NOT USE FACEBOOK***

Step 1: Open the image you want to share on the image hosting site. Right click on the image and select the "Copy Image Address" option

Step 2: Go back to the page where you were typing your reply and click the small image button (square with a tree inside, next to film reel). If you hover over the button it will say "Insert Image"

Step 3: Once you press the image button a pop-up will appear, make sure you press "From URL" and deselect "Retrieve remote file and reference locally".

Step 4: Now that you have deselected the checkmark box place your cursor over the text area under "URL" and left click so the text area is highlighted.

Step 5: While holding your cursor over the now highlighted text area, right click and select the "Paste" option. You should now see a string of text.

Step 6: Click the "OK" button and the image address should appear in the reply area

Step 7: Complete your reply, repeat the steps to add more pictures if necessary, then submit your reply

Step 8: Enjoy your full size images!
    Last edited by Nabs; 04-20-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Re: How to Post Full Size Images Using an Internet Browser

On my other forums all you do is click insert image, click the pic and it goes in, no fuss, no muss. Why can't this site do that too?
    FUNCTION >FORM

Randy Probst's take on the BRZ "it's like a BMW and a Lotus had a baby"

"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere." -Colin Chapman

"He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling"

I nominate nabs for a moderator.....and he can fix all the pics!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniD1CK5 View Post
    On my other forums all you do is click insert image, click the pic and it goes in, no fuss, no muss. Why can't this site do that too?
    Interesting. On all my other forums it's pretty much the same has here except you don't have the option of attaching the image through the site unless you specifically go manage attachments and add the pictures.

I think the reason Marc set it up this was is so that it would be easier to attach images on the local server so that if the link you use goes dead the image is still viewable here

EDIT: Looking at ft86club it seems like they have a few plugins installed, that's also probably the reason you can do the "thanks" instead of reputation and have the ability to mention users. But they're still running an older version of vbulletin.
    Last edited by Nabs; 10-08-2014 at 10:03 AM.
    "Exhaust gases go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster"

///M3 Journal | E39 540i Journal | Turbo Install | Carbon Roof Time-Lapse Install

How to: edit posts | post pictures w/ browser | post pictures w/ tapatalk

Stickied